Sunday, September 28, 2008

An intro to me.

Ramblings of a Societal Engineer.

This is my on-line thinking out loud place. I reserve the right to get smarter as I go along. If nothing else this blog will help me know when that happens. I’m always up for some feed back and even some constructive criticism. I’ll warn you now good grammar and I are not close friends.

I’ve been interested in what makes people tick for a long time. I’ve spent a good chunk of time in school studying human behavior. I’m currently working on my Masters in Social Work. After reading the writings of and spending time with some of the “experts” I’ve become convinced that the basics of logic and thinking where excluded from many of their educations. The lay of entropy tells us that things will fall apart unless we keep fixing them. This could also be called the law of used cars. Given that some of the ideas I’ve seen presented as “good car care” make about as much sense as adding a cup of salt to every oil change. I’ve decided to try and figure all the large and small social issues and than do my part to make positive changes. Sure I could just go join a large social or political movement, but sense I see so much of the problems we have now resulting from people talking about things they don’t under stand I figured I should get a better handle on things first.

I run with the following assumptions. I’m not going to change them. If you can’t stand one or more of them you will not like what I have to say a lot of the time and we probably won’t get chummy.

There is a God and he cares about us. Even if we lack in our understanding of him.

To have freedoms is better than to not have freedoms.

People are fundamentally equal.

The constitution of the United States is a good idea and despite imperfections omissions etc. it is correct in concept.

No comments: